The wait is over: Suunto Eon Steel is here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi there,
thanks for the feedback, Diving Dubai... What's your opinion after the multi gas weekend?

Any more opinions on the latest update?

br Hendrik

Hi Hendrik. I hope you have a had a good festive season and best regards to you and your family for the New year.

Haven';t been able to dive the new firmware ( and indeed its latest minor update) we blew a boat engine and had to abandon the day.

I will get in the water early next month (Jan) and have a look at he multi gas to see how it's changed (I'm guessing the way it totals your consumption and gas time knowing multiple gas pressures?

I got caught out on the new update, I was asked to help the Police with their new Eon's - I'd had DM5 minimizes on my computer so it didn't tell me about the new firmware. A sI was walking out of the door I saw the Suunto email, turned around and started again on their 3 units.

My wish list for new updates is still similar as before

Alarms - allow me to select which I want rather than all on or off.

Tones - Different tone set options. I often dive with 3 others who have Eon's you hear their warnings and look at your wrist.

Water sensor Grrr!! please allow us to turn it off. twice now my comp has stayed on all night. I wash with fresh water post dive and gently blow to dry - if I don't the comp stays on. I would prefer a button press to turn on and the pressure sensor to turn off.

Maybe a button press from surface screen to turn machine off?

Pod management. On of my pods (brought in Aug) has gone back due to a battery issue - I think its one of the bad batch that slipped through the net. No issue. However my wife and I now have 6 pods between us - all on quick disconnects. I have painted the last 4 digits of the serial number on each on to help identification and to ensure we set the correct gas to the correct TX. Its a pain. A user Nickname for each pod would be great.

Still on Pod batteries. to see the battery level of each pod is a faff - if its paired it just says OK so you have to go deeper into the menu. A surface screen would be nice (or 1st level menu screen) where each paired po was shown with its assigned gas, pressure and battery status just one place to look.

I do like the new planner, I didn't think I'd use it but I do if only to re affirm my choices and plan.

I like the timer screen

The button flip is good although I never had an issue even though I wear my comp on my RH wrist

I like being the choice now of deep stop on or off and safety stop depth and time (I still have deep stop on) and SS as defaults.

Will update again after my next dive

When will these become available?
Hello,

regarding the slipping: we're offering a neoprene sleeve that supports the fastening with strap (SS021495000). Especially when not wearing a suit this will help.

So you would rather have it directly in compass view?

I case the update button doesn't show up please restart DM5. Let me know should it still not work...

br Hendrik

Hi Mark,
I'm very sorry for the late reply. My RSS feed failed me. A safety stop will be prompted once you exceed 10m which is about those 30ft. At the moment this can't be disabled. Depending on the dive it may help to set the last stop depth to 20ft. This way you may be able to get this done while performing some practices. Another thing would be turning off tones which would apply to all tones though. This is not really solving it for you I know but it may ease the issue. I will pass on that this would be valuable function for instructors...

br Hendrik

Thanks Hendrik,

Just to let you know we were only doing the skills no deeper than 20 feet and it still gave the warning to stop at 10 feet. I will disable the audible tones for now. Thanks again.

Mark

Hi,

When will these become available?
They should be available for some time now. It's more likely a matter of ordering from the dealer's end. Have you specifically asked for that item?
I'll double-check from our end of course...

br Hendrik

did a web search on the sleeve and still no results post a link if possible.

Hi Hendrik, Yes I have tried through my Dive shop(Dealer) and Aqualung. They say they don't know anything about them even with the part number I gave them. Is SS021495000 correct number?
Hi,

They should be available for some time now. It's more likely a matter of ordering from the dealer's end. Have you specifically asked for that item?
I'll double-check from our end of course...

br Hendrik

Hi Hendrik, Yes I have tried through my Dive shop(Dealer) and Aqualung. They say they don't know anything about them even with the part number I gave them.

Hi,
sorry for the delay. The code is correct and they have already been ordered. I have pointed out the problem already some time ago but will reemphasize. Please pm me your location and the dealer you have asked at...

br Hendrik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom