The "X"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I heard Lamar was in Mexico test diving the units 2 weeks ago. Is there any truth to that, and is there a projected date for release yet?

from the DiveRite Blog:

May 29th, 2008
NiTek X

I know everyone is tired of hearing this, but the NiTek X is almost done. I just spent a week at Innerspace in the Caymans test diving the NiTek X with great results. Everything is working on it, but the sample did not include the backlighting. Parts are arriving for assembly and the final board with the backlighting in place should arrive next week. After testing it we will start producing the boards. The cables are on order for the 4th cell integration and PC interface. The project is moving forward.

starting to get like my raise and promotion at work, just all words and empty promises.

From the diverite.com blog

June 11th, 2008
NiTek X Progress

After seven days of teaching I have the to say the NiTek X is performing as expected. While I am teaching I don’t pay as much attention to the computer as I do when diving it for evaluation. I discovered the Mix 1 default setting was missing from the NiTek X. We have specified that all computers in the NiTek family default to Mix 1 for the next dive after a ten minute surface interval. This is now being added to the NiTek X. You can override the default in set mode (for setting mixes) to start the dive on a gas other than Mix 1. Final programming is being completed and we are about to release the first 100 boards. The computer cases are ready so we can begin assembly. I will be able to give weekly updates from now on.

Lamar

:deadhorse:

Last edited:
June 19th, 2008
Nitek X update

We are in the final phase of testing the Nitek X. The validation boards are on order. After the boards come in we will assemble the first ten production units and if all goes well we will give approval for final production. The Workbench for the X is being moved to a new server and we will have a link for it shortly. The screen captures of the software pages look impressive and are easy to navigate. We are moving ahead rapidly and currently everything is on schedule.

Again, from Lamars blog:

July 9th, 2008
Nitek X update

The countdown continues and we are ready to receive a final production unit with all the bells and whistles including backlighting next week. The uploader cable and software interface are all ready as well. After Heliox confirms everything is correct with the production boards we will order the first 100 boards and go into production as soon as they arrive.

Our plans are to deliver the first 100 units to a select number of patient consumers to test dive. In order to avoid a slow down in the second production run of the units, the next 250 boards will be produced concurrent to this. If we find any glitches in the programming it will be corrected with firmware updates.

Lamar

Lamar,

Will the Nitek X replace the Hammerhead unit you sell with the O2ptima?

I'm interested in buying an Optima, but will hold off if the computer systems will shortly be upgraded.

Also, do you have an MSRP range for the Nitek X?

Thanks,
David

Lamar,

I'm interested in buying an Optima, but will hold off if the computer systems will shortly be upgraded.

Also, do you have an MSRP range for the Nitek X?

Thanks,
David

Please note I am not Lamar, I was just doing a copy and paste from his Blog. However, to give you a baseline on a price, caveexcursions.com has it listed at $1350.00.

Lamar,

David

Hi David,

Thanks for your inquiry. The Nitek X will not be replacing the Hammerhead electronics. The Nitek X is not a controller like the Hammerhead, it won't tell the solenoid to fire for example. The Nitek X will monitor the depth, duration of dive, deco obligations etc and it is linked with the 4th cell.

If you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask, we're happy to help.
Best,
Ag

Last edited:
From Lamars Blog:

July 31st, 2008
NiTek X Update

The PCB validation is complete and the validation sample and I are heading to the Keys for some diving. I will let you know how the computer performed upon my return.

The 100 boards for the first beta run are now on order and we are testing the cases in preparation for final assembly of the first run of units. After we receive the production schedule for the first 100 boards we will be able to announce the ETA on the first run. After the first 100 have been sampled we will order another 250 boards and go into final production.

The Workbench software is complete and will be online very soon to allow divers to play with and experience the interface.

September 5th, 2008
Nitek X Workbench is online

The Keys trip went well and testing is continuing with team Dive Rite actively diving with the Nitek X we have in house. Our first shipment of USB cables has arrived and the 4th cell cables should be here soon. As the 4th cell cables have to be waterproof they are taking a little longer. Everything is on schedule for the buildup of the first beta production run later this month.

The Workbench, the dive planning software that comes with the logbook for the X is complete. Use the links below to download the software, see how it works and what it is capable of. While this demo is web based the version supplied with the cable will run without web access.

MAC http://www.heliox.com/customers/diverite/Mac OS X Installer.zip

WIN http://www.heliox.com/customers/diverite/Windows Installer.zip

Lamar

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom