Theme for Aug 23-29: Only Shades of Grey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's another pair. Sometimes black and white can make macro shots, such as the "flame" look of this sea finger, look surreal:

698bcd10.jpg

69abcd10.jpg

Clay

Aloha dbeedle!

That's right! Good eye :wink:

I first went into the Enhance>Brightness & Contrast> Levels option and as explained in the luminosity lesson and got rid of the tails (starting at step 3 )

Then I used the Enhance>Adjust Color> Hue/Saturation tool and lessened the saturation.

Use the filter>sharpen>unsharp mask to give it a bit more edge.

To bring out the ship a bit more I used the burn tool, at about 10 or 12%

Even just adjusting the levels the picture looked great.

Aloha,
Lisa

Sorry I'm late. Too much work - not enough play! Great pics in this thread. Here are some of mine:

Wow! are the sea dollars just laying around like that?? I'd like that one for my desk top, may I?

Definately has something! Where did'ya take the picture Clay?

justleesa:
Wow! are the sea dollars just laying around like that?? I'd like that one for my desk top, may I?
If you notice how blue the original is you can tell that was from the first dive with my 5050. That was in March and not many divers had been in the water. There is a trough between the jetty and a sandbar next to it. In the trough there were just piles of dead Sand Dollars bigger than your hand. After the weather starts getting warm, more divers pick through the piles and there are much fewer "good" ones to bring home. They will soon pile up again for next spring.

Which picture did you like best, the blue or black and white?

justleesa:
I love the mood of this picture! I hope you don't mind that I played with it a bit
This picture makes me think what the forests must have looked like as the Allies advanced on Berlin during WWII.

I'll post the original when I get home, I only have the grayscale hosted online. Landing gear from an F4 Phantom jet-fighters.

Landing_Gear.jpg

Back
Top Bottom