Thieves are POS scumbags

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cyklon_300

Contributor
Reaction score
Went out for a nice evening last nite and came home to find my home had been burglarized.

Somewhat luckily, the thieves only had pawnable electronics as their focus...they literally had to step over a large bin full of my dive gear to reach the entertainment center...they ignored $4K worth of equipment, but the TV, stereo system, and laptop are history...

After filing the necessary police and insurance reports, I took my mind off the loss by going diving this afternoon.

Lessons Learned:

Have the make, model, and SERIAL number of everything of value recorded somewhere...the hope of recovering your items is remote anyway, but without the SN (or some identifying mark such as your driver's license number etched onto it) you will most likely not be able to claim it, even if it is found.

Have a video made of your belongings....the insurance folks will accept that as proof of ownership.

That sucks...

SOrry to hear that. Hopefully, they will catch the baaaasturds...

Sorry to hear that they got your stuff, I am just glad no one was home to surprise them. Take care.

Sorry to hear you got ripped off. Thieves piss me off it seems like you just can't have anything nice anymore. Good advice on recording the model and serial number of your valuables. I can't tell you how many times I've taken a theft report and that information is not known. There's been a few times I caught suspects with what we both know is stolen property, just no way to prove it. Hopefully they did not obtain any of your personal information, ID theft is a BIG thing right now. Good luck.

cobaltbabe once bubbled...
Sorry to hear that they got your stuff, I am just glad no one was home to surprise them. Take care.

Surprising someone who is attempting to burglarize a residence may result in the perpetrator being apprehended by the home owner who is trained in firearm ownership and use.

Especially in Texas.

Sorry your stuff was taken.

c_c

C_C once bubbled...

Surprising someone who is attempting to burglarize a residence may result in the perpetrator being apprehended by the home owner who is trained in firearm ownership and use.

Especially in Texas.

c_c

I am just glad that everyone is safe. I don't know the laws in that state.

C_C once bubbled...

Especially in Texas.

c_c

Sorry to hear that.

Apprehended by a home owner?? What an interesting concept. If I'm home, I figure that the last thing a perp in my house will see is the bright red of a laser aimpoint hitting their chest and moving to their face.

I just want 3 minutes with the perps to explain why it's not socially acceptable to steal.

I'd have a *PowerPoint* presentation, the kind that spearfishers call a 'bang stick,' not the software type...

.......couple years ago the same happened to me. All the electrical equipment was stolen. TVs, VCRs, computers, CDs, jewellery and believe or not a brand new vacumn. ( I guess they wanted to make a clean get-away).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom