Thinking about a Nikon D800...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I shoot a d800 in an ikelite housing with a d125 and d51 strobes with a sola 800 focus light. I shoot mostly wide angle close focus through an 8 inch dome. It does take some getting use to because you are pushing alot of camera and equipment through the water. But, the images are much better than when I shot with the d200. Something you do need to consider: at 36.2meg at least per image in raw they are a beast the store and edit. I shoot raw so it is not unusual for my images to come out of the camera at 50 to 70 meg per shot. Add video and you can burn through two large cards pretty fast. So if you are buying storage devices buy alot. Also get the carrying case with wheels are you will need a sherpa to carry gear for you. I travel quite a bit so be prepare for alot of security checks and alot of bags. But all of that said, the quality of the images are mind blowing. Remember you have the resolution of nearly medium format so every little dot shows up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom