thinking about buying a new bcd does anyone know anything about.....Aeris EX200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I own the Aeris EX100 and the EX200 is the rear inflate version of the EX100 so I'm going to assume they are similar in quality & build...

The EX100 is well built (esp for its price) and well thought out for my needs... recreational, fun diving, hunting lobsters, island diving and NE diving. It has just about everything I was looking for in a bcd. Only thing I added was a ScubaPro style tank strap. The EX100 is lightweight (6+lbs, which was one the more important things on my checklist) so I can pack it in my luggage and take it to the islands, but it is built well enough to dive locally in NE and hunt for lobsters in the rocks. It's built better than my old Seaquest which lasted a long time and took a good beating in NE. The quick release integrated weights is positive lock and easy to put in and take out. Also has trim pockets that some integrated bcd's don't have (yours will be on the tank strap). This jacket does not have the extra heavy duty material like other more expensive bcd's but to me I think it is surprisingly well built and designed. I'm sure the EX200 is similar.

If you want a rear inflate and like the style and fit, go ahead and pull the trigger. I don't think you'll be disappointed. I was surprised by the quality of this so-called "low end" jacket. I actually owned a Scubapro Glide Pro but it felt heavy and over designed as everything was extra heavy duty. I didn't like the feel of "all that jacket". I like the fact that my bcd is pretty spartan but is well designed with many of the features that I wanted. I also only paid $213 which helped sway my decision.

The ldc I use has the 200 for rent and I have used it several times without any regrets. The only issue I see is ex200 has been discontinued. I personally think its cause they want to push the 5 oceans as their only back inflate

I bought an EX 200 as part of a package shortly after my Open Water certification about 18 months ago. I've enjoyed it, and it was clearly a good step up from the rental rigs I was using then and the ones I used a Bahamas trip recently.

I am a newbie, so weigh my experience accordingly. The biggest thing I like is the two zipper pockets on the sides. They hold a bunch of stuff, and I do not have to have tons hanging off me. I have two mild complaints: First, I don't like the "D" rings on the shoulder strap. They are plastic and are not just open rings. They have a pattern which creates several separate spaces to clip into. I find them too small for easy use. Finally, I think the inflator hose retainer is a bit too low, so that when I pull up to deflate the BCD on ascent, it has more of a bend than I would like. I just have to watch it.

Overall, I am pleased with the purchase and plan to keep diving mine for as long as it works or until I gain enough experience to figure out something better suited to my own diving style.

Good luck.

had one briefly and it was okay. nothing spectacular.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom