Has anyone heard of the Zeagle Phoenix?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zjd0114

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here and I'm desperate for answers and looking for any help or information about this

Has anyone heard of the Zeagle Phoenix? I'm trying to search it up everywhere (even tried 2 different search engines) about a BCD called the Zeagle Phoenix. It's allegedly the same thing as the Zeagle Ranger, according to 2 of the 3 posts that I've ever found about this BCD.

I genuinely cannot find any information as to when this product came out. It's like this product doesn't exist, but it very much does.

I attached two pics from the seller's post, selling it for $200. Should I risk it?
1711849477658.png
1711849538702.png

I have never heard of that one, and I'm familiar with most of the Zeagle line. My first thought was this may have been a semi-custom variant for a particular seller. Kind of like the Zeagle Brigade.

I was curious and looked to see what I could find. Seems like that eBay listing was the only real mention of "Zeagle Phoenix." I did notice something in another of the pictures. It appears it may be a Zeagle Ranger with an extra large bladder. The lift capacity on the current Ranger and Ranger LTD is 44lb. One of the pics on the listing showed a tag indicating the lift capacity on this one was 65lbs. That's a huge amount of lift.

Edit to add: BTW, I see you are located in FL. Most likely won't need anywhere near that amount of lift if you dive around here. For what it's worth, I dive a Zeagle Stiletto which has 35lbs of lift. This is more than enough for the diving I do. Single tank with wetsuit when appropriate. Unless you are diving where you need this much lift, I think this would be way too much.

that's a franken bcd that someone cobbled together as it would not have been sold with the 65lb bladder. it should have been a scout bladder which is quite a bit smaller swapped onto a ranger to better fit warmer water diving than the 44lb bladder of the ranger.

I once bought a bc from Patriot Maritime that was a mix of Zeagle compontents and other stuff. I thought it was a Zeagle Speedpak, but it was different. That is probably something similar, a Phoenix Scuba Systems BC using a Zeagle wing and some other Zeagle bits, but not a true Zeagle BC

As far as timing goes, my guess would be that the BC labeled as Phoenix is pre-1997. Afterwards, I don't see the point.

The 911 was introduced in 1997 in response to requests from Public Safety divers. It is essentially a Ranger/Ranger LTD with a 65lb bladder. 911 is actually priced between the Ranger and Ranger LTD.

Based on that one pic you have, I'd say that its either a Ranger or a Stiletto.......I have both. Ranger for drysuit and Stiletto for warm water. My guess is that someone lost that velcro LP hose retainer strap and just replaced it with one that says Phoenix...

Based on that one pic you have, I'd say that its either a Ranger or a Stiletto.......I have both. Ranger for drysuit and Stiletto for warm water. My guess is that someone lost that velcro LP hose retainer strap and just replaced it with one that says Phoenix...
As far as timing goes, my guess would be that the BC labeled as Phoenix is pre-1997. Afterwards, I don't see the point.

The 911 was introduced in 1997 in response to requests from Public Safety divers. It is essentially a Ranger/Ranger LTD with a 65lb bladder. 911 is actually priced between the Ranger and Ranger LTD.
I once bought a bc from Patriot Maritime that was a mix of Zeagle compontents and other stuff. I thought it was a Zeagle Speedpak, but it was different. That is probably something similar, a Phoenix Scuba Systems BC using a Zeagle wing and some other Zeagle bits, but not a true Zeagle BC
that's a franken bcd that someone cobbled together as it would not have been sold with the 65lb bladder. it should have been a scout bladder which is quite a bit smaller swapped onto a ranger to better fit warmer water diving than the 44lb bladder of the ranger.

Sorry for not responding to you guys sooner, I'm new to learning how to use the site, sorry lol.

Just wanted to give everyone an update on it. I asked my LDS for his opinion, he said pretty much "looks like a Zeagle Ranger with a 65lb bladder and custom shoulder assembly". No biggie, I went ahead and ordered it. Low and behold, it IS indeed a Zeagle Ranger just with "Scuba Sciences" branding on it. It's in good condition, looks barely used. He inspected it, holds air perfectly and is GTG.

I did end up getting a new, official Zeagle Ranger shoulder assembly as I don't want someone down the road to ask this same question "What the **** is a Zeagle Phoenix?".

Yes, I also agree, 65lbs is extremely excessive. I don't plan on flipping oil rigs or surfacing sunken ship remains, so my next move is to see if someone wants to trade a standard 44lb bladder for this massive 65LB.

Otherwise, it was hidden at the time, the vest assembly is actually a medium. Whoever had this BCD first, like runsongas said, made some...interesting choices. However, while the 65LB bladder is excessive, it's not on my priority to swap it out at the moment.

On that note, if anyone WANTS to trade a medium Ranger Vest Assembly, I am looking for a large LOL

Back
Top Bottom