Thinking about getting Mares Quattro's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really don't have the moeny to buy the spring straps (college student) and don't want to get the fins if there is a risk of them breaking. So if there is a good fin with good straps, then those are for me.

I love this fin. (Quatros) I saw Wayward Son's spring heels on a client on the boat the other day and they are a quality product at a great price. that is what I would do...and yes the straps that come on the fin suck.

you can get those fins for a good price on LP.

Get the fins, upgrade the straps later? They won't break for awhile.

I dove a pair for a year. Good openwater fin. I use spring straps on all my fins. Purchase the fins and replace the straps later.

pm him, he is in the thread above, I think...the baby with the helmet screaming incoming!

tell you what, send me your address and I will send you a set of spare straps for quatros and you can put them in your save a dive kit. I was just wondering what to do with those. BF and I both have them, with spring heels and we do not need the straps. I am NOT a packrat. Seriously, send the adress to my PM and they are yours..and you are set. I can mail in an envelope. I love getting rid of stuff. But send it soon, or I will forget.

Do me a favor and don't pay 100 dollars for the fins..shop them a bit Scubatoys or someplace.

Grysinski:
Done :D

How much does Wayward Son charge for springs?

I'm not sure, but you can shoot him a private message (PM) here: Wayward Son

I believe the Quatros use the same posts the Volos do, whch look like these:

bladefinished.jpg

bladeside.jpg

I cut them custom to fit you. The clear tubing over the springs can be either cut clear of the foot pocket, as they are in these pics, or full length to cover the spring from end to end, which ever you prefer. Most people have chosen full length.

In order to know which springs I have to use I need a measurement from you. For fins that use a post to attach the strap buckles, while wearing your boot & fin with the buckles & strap removed measure from the center of one post, around the heel, to the center of the other post. Be sure you get your boot all the way inside the fin for proper fit.

Common length sets for Blades & similar mounts are $44 shipped domestically. If you use Rock boots or some such that require unusually long springs, the springs I have to buy cost a lot more. Those are $54 shipped domestically.

Grysinski:
I really don't have the moeny to buy the spring straps (college student) and don't want to get the fins if there is a risk of them breaking. So if there is a good fin with good straps, then those are for me.

I have a pair of Quattros with spring straps that I'm not using! Make me an offer.

Grysinski, as others have said they are nice fins. I like using them as easy strolling fins. Although they're nice, they're not a big power fin if that's what you're looking for, much softer and easier to kick than something like a cressi frog.

Austin

I have these very fins for cold water diving and love them. I got rid of the annoying "locking mechanism" and straps. I have Manta spring straps which fit nicely. This makes donning/doffing delightfully simple. I like the flexibilty and light weight of them too. Perfect for frog kicking without any extra unecessary weight. Be sure to keep the stays which come in the bag. You can keep these inset during non-usage to prevent the foot pocket fom getting warped.

I would not get the split fins. I have a barely used pair of Apollo Bio-fins in my (very full) closet full of less used purchases.

Back
Top Bottom