thinking ahead to Mexico ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FWIW,I have been there several times with different guides,and have encountered some guides who want to give you the most for your money by doing circuits and traverses,by doing "trust me dives" with visuals gaps. It isn't worth it,if you don't know the system,then your safety is in jeopardy. Remember,you can always thumb a dive for any reason.

FWIW,I have been there several times with different guides,and have encountered some guides who want to give you the most for your money by doing circuits and traverses,by doing "trust me dives" with visuals gaps. It isn't worth it,if you don't know the system,then your safety is in jeopardy. Remember,you can always thumb a dive for any reason.

Thanks for that one ... I don't do "trust me" dives of any kind in a cave, and would prefer to avoid guides who think that sort of practice is acceptable.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Jason won't do that . . . he's very safety conscious. And if Jason isn't available, you could go with Natalie Gibb, who's an utter delight -- 4'11", made of spun steel, and with the most infectious smile.

Bob, you've got all the resources in the world about cave diving in MX just a few miles from you . . . maps, stick maps, lodging and guiding recommendations, restaurant recommendations. We need to get together for dinner or something!

Oh ... I plan to after I get back from the Maldives ... might even try talking you and Peter into going with me (along with a few other folks I've been talking to) ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom