This is a silly question but here goes anyways

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trixxie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
redsearig.JPG

How does this diver know which reg to pick up next?
is it possible to have this many tanks on 1 manifold?
Would you even want to do that? Would they be set
up as doubles but each tank on its own regulator?
I see the manifold on the tanks on his back but
can't see the tanks underneath.

Just curiosity mostly.....

eventually I'll have my own doubles but not 5 sets of
doubles at the same time WOW!

(oh and what about pressure gauges, how would you know which one went to which tank??

I wonder if he pees in his wetsuit. Or can he hold it for the entire dive? :)

Interesting. Where'd you find the picture?

maybe he is trying to compensate for something ,i guess all the laughing in the showers at school got to him. :rofl3:.:rofl3:.:rofl3:.:rofl3:

That's Funny! :lotsalove:

The 8 aluminum 80's are rigged as stage bottles. That are not doubles. Each tank has it's own regulator, second stage & pressure guage. Each tank also has MOD (maximum operating depth) markings on it to let the diver know how deep he can be while breathing off it. They all contain different breathing mixes. These are called your "travel gasses". They are used on deep dives to get you to the intended depth where you switch over to your back gas. The regs are pressureized then turned off. The second stages are secured under bungee cord or innertube straps. To use, you find the tank with the MOD that you need, pull the second stage free, turn the valve on & breath. If you have gas, you are breathing off the correct tank. When you need to change gasses, you do the same to the next tank then turn off the first tank & restow the second stage. You reverse the gasses on the way back up. Judging from the pic, he was making a VERY, VERY deep dive.

James

The photo is just BS!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom