This is not a bag...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anyone else having trouble with first stage banging them in the head. Love the way it travels, but have a raw spot from the fist stage banging me. Cummerbund and back-plate not solidly connected. Tank appear to be float upward pulling away from back. At least that is what it looked like to the guide, scuba shop where I bought it and my dive partner.

Hi dano - I'd like to take a look at your specific BC. I've dove the Jetpack myself quite a bit - and have torn apart a sample here in my office and suspect there may be something wrong with the BC you've got. PM or email me and I'll make sure that we get it back here on our dime and a response and replacement asap.

Yes, because I own an Aeris Jetpack. :)

---------- Post added January 14th, 2014 at 06:58 PM ----------

Dano719,

Did you get your problem solved? I had a similar problem on a couple of dives. I was thinking of replacing the bands.

Although it's been a few months, there are very few user reviews of the Aeris Jetpack. Scubaboard has a couple of other reviews/comments that indicate the tank pulling away, similar to what dano718 describes. I would very much like to get this travel BC but it has to perform well under water. Any more info from actual users or the manufacturer on this potential problem?

anyone else having trouble with first stage banging them in the head. Love the way it travels, but have a raw spot from the fist stage banging me. Cummerbund and back-plate not solidly connected. Tank appear to be float upward pulling away from back. At least that is what it looked like to the guide, scuba shop where I bought it and my dive partner.

After taking a look at the build quality of the Jetpack i ordered, I've ordered a second for my partner. We are flying out next week to Florida and hoping weather works out to give them and our new AT600's and Airlinks"s a try as we only have a one day window to dive. Doug, I just want to say that it's your quick response to product issues that influenced me to go with Aeris.. Keep up the good work, too many forget that its good customer service that keeps customers!

I have a jetpack, and I will say that it took the first 3 days of my dive vacation to iron out the kinks. Once i got it adjusted properly, I find it's an awesome BC, no complaints at all. It is completely adjustable, so if your not experienced in fitting yourself with it as i wasn't, it may feel overwhelming. Have patience and go slow until you get the adjustments right. For me it was as simple as shortening up the shoulder straps, and raising the cummerbund up to get the tank to sit in the right position. I must warn anyone that is using a new BC such as this to make sure your on a shallow dive and your buddy knows your still fitting your BC. I didn't and the dive almost overwhelmed me, luckily for myself, i had a good divemaster that recognized that i was having a problem. I guess i'm trying to say is if your a newer diver like myself, then don't be afraid to ask your instructor or dive master for help in your adjustments. Once again, its a great BC, i'll be heading back to Cozumel again in May and i can't wait to use it

Cheers CJ

Anyone know where I would find the serial number on the jetpack for product registration? Briefly looked over it and can't find it on mine. Love this BCD, performs as advertised and easily fits in overhead compartments on Embraer 170 aircraft even when packed with couple days clothes, dive booties and UK Pro camera light system. Def two thumbs up on this product.

I'm back from a west palm beach dive the problem is a little better if you small down the size but the BCD still banged the both of us in the head, my wife has one also. the company has made good faith effort to help but nothing concrete. We are planning on selling the jetpack at a swap gear sale. Mostly be cause of the problems we have with them on the surface, conbined with the sore head factor. I do not think our problem on the surface is the BCD fault we just do not like the way the wings forces your face into the water. On the surface we like the face up vest style BCD.
Yes, because I own an Aeris Jetpack. :)

---------- Post added January 14th, 2014 at 06:58 PM ----------

Dano719,

Did you get your problem solved? I had a similar problem on a couple of dives. I was thinking of replacing the bands.

I have had this problem as well. I am a new diver, and my dive buddy noticed my tank was floating away from my back. This caused a wobbly situation where the tank would bang into the back of my head. I had only used the JetPack on about 6 dives, but now every time I use it the BCD fills up with water. Not in the air bladder, but water accumulates between layers fabric of the bcd, whith no way to dump or release it when I exit the water. The last time I used this BCD, I could not descend from the surface, nothing had changed from my previous dive with regard to my wet suit or other equipment, and I rechecked all my weights. My BCD air bladder was empty. Then I started to slowly sink and tons of air bubbles came from my JetPack. There appears to be a potential space between layers of nylon fabric that make up the BCD, when this space opens up possibly from the weight of the scuba tank out of the water, problems occur. I'm not sure if the tank banging into the head will be a problem if this problem is corrected.

I contacted my dive shop where I purchased the JetPack, they had not heard of this problem and instructed me to contact Aeris. Aeris now has had my complete JetPack system in their possession for approximately two weeks. I'm waiting to hear back. . .

I am hoping that I have a defective unit, as I really loved this BCD and how it packs up for travel. If this is something I am told to "live with" or if nothing wrong can be found with the BCD I don't think I can continue to use it.

Back
Top Bottom