Threading a two-slot weightbelt buckle???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just dived with this same buckle this weekend. Before the dive I spent a while using every possible option of threading which came to mind, and there were only two, both of which are not as good as a 3 slot buckle. Unfortunately my artwork skills are not good enough to display.

The easiest was is to thread the belt under the buckle up over the post and back down, leaving a couple of inches of belt behind the buckle. When cinched tight, the wetsuit and your body will put pressure against the webbing, so slipping risk is reduced, but by no means eliminated. I dived this configuration on a couple of times in shallower water and had no problems but it is nagging me to do something else.

One thought is to take the belt and buckle and ask a shoe repair or upholstry shop take the webbing (need about 4 or 5 inches) from behind the buckle (as in the above description) and sew it to the left of the buckle with some heavy duty nylon thread with a couple of good "X" stitches inside a couple of offset rectangle stitched boxes. Then the buckle would not be able to become loose unless you use the quick release, and only the quick release.

Any thoughts?

Scubamax

I think this is the exact same buckle I showed on a different thread.... oh well... this is the same as the one of the drawings... but here it is so you can see it clearer...

Larry,

Sorry, not the same design. Your picture has 3 slots, two on the left, one on the right. The buckle in question only has two on the left,none on the right!

Scubamax

I'll try this in words....
Call the slot closest to the moveable cam Slot 1; Slot 2 is the other slot, near the back end of the buckle. Start the web by coming up through Slot 1, back past Slot 2 and around the back end of the buckle, underneath and then up through Slot 2, and then down through Slot 1. The bitter end now lies on top of the standing part of the web, and protrudes aft, so to speak.

Tursiops

I only use two of the slots on my harness buckle. I feed up through the first one, down through the second one. It doubles back -under- the webbing so that the 'tail' doesn't stick out. I tuck it into a piece of inner tube. It's not -quite- a weight belt, but it's close enough...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom