Thumbs Down to Adventure Scuba at CSSP Today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm, I would contact both the shop AND CSSP over the issue.

Otherwise its a hot air rant on the internet and thats all.

Even if nothing gets accomplished you would have made peopel officially aware, and that keeps people from pulling the ignorant excuse card.

I really think the shop will do what's right in this situation. They're good people. I'm not sure what was going on with the instructor and his help, but someone should have seen that a class was down, regardless of the platform, and had the students gear up after the group was out, so no one's overcome with the heat plus neoprene. Its not brain surgery.

The other option would be to buy the shop and run it as you think it should be run.

Hi Rhonda--

I always wondered about this too and finally asked Robert. This is my understanding:

Pavilions and underwater platforms CAN be reserved.

Docks and parking are NOT reserved and are for everyone's use.

I always thought the sign was referring to the dock being theirs, not the platform, but I could be wrong. I kind of thought all the platforms were shared by all the shops. Even if the platform does belong to them, and they didn't want to use another one, they could have just been nice, and waited five minutes. Trying to make a point by being petty just makes them look bad.

JMO
Rhonda

Only pavilions and platforms are reserved, the pavilions have a sign in front of them stating for what shop. The platforms have a yellow bouy on them and there is a sign in front of the docks stating this but you will have to take the time to read them, right by the sign that says no feeding the fish!! All open platforms have a white bouy on them, the orange bouys mark thins to dive on like sisco,the boats and the plane, the blue bouy marks the deep hole. Just like the speed limit is 10 mph there too with there are signs up that states this but seems very few take time to read the signs and obey by them.

I always come accross the platforms under water, I'm not going to surface on one of the platforms just to see what color bouy is on it.

If there are people on it I just keep moving.

Hi Rhonda--

I always wondered about this too and finally asked Robert. This is my understanding:

Pavilions and underwater platforms CAN be reserved.

Docks and parking are NOT reserved and are for everyone's use.

Well, we're getting different information then. I asked this morning and was told by two people there that no, you cannot reserve a pavilion or platform.

I didn't ask about building one and maintaining it though...that may be the only way you can put your name on one.

Joe - same here. My understanding is shops that built and sunk their own platforms (ie, ScubaToys), have first rights to theirs.

However, the platform in question was not put in by Adventure, best of my knowledge. It's just one they use a lot.

When I was first confronted by the instructor after attaching our float to the platform, he told me it was their platform. I said I wasn't aware it was 'theirs', and he said 'well, that's the one we use all the time.' Um, that's nice...

Well Joe Diver you are wrong!!! Adventure was the first shop to pay $$$$$ for the platformthat they use and then came Scuba Toys and D.T.C. and also these shops paid for the pavilions they use too!!if these shop did not do what they did then there would be more traffic on all others platforms and pavilions, maybe all need to get there facts straight before venting!!!

IMHO regardless of wether they had it actually reserved or not, if things went as stated the instructor dropped a class on top of another class because he did not want to wait a few more minutes for them to finish up. that is the most disturbing to me about all of this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom