Thumbwheels for backplates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sama, I'm going to go make some more tommorrow and should be able to ship them out on Weds. Paypal is perfect. Tommorrow afternoon, we can work out where you want them shipped to.

Much appreciated,

Adam

Hi to everyone.
Just bought the delrim thumbwheels through a company in the UK divingnicknacks. I have not recieved them yet. But got a few doubts.
I am using a single DUX 14 l wing with a 3 mm ss DUX plate (no STA needed). the tank is hold by two cambands (through the wing and backplate).
Can I just screw the delrim thumbweels on (dont know diameter of the male nut) and that´s it or do I need to do something else. (excuse me, english is not my first language so I would appreciate a picture to ilustrate in case something extra is needed)

One more thing, is the delrim material hard enough? can I wear doubles with it.....maybe SS thumbwhells should be considered?......Can these SS thumbwheels be shipped to spain?, will they fit? cost?

Thak you very much
I appreciate your help and suggestions

I love that thread Tobin!! I read it before I bought your delrin wheels. Now I need to buy another set for the second set of doubles. Too bad my LDS isn't tech enough to order. :)

I have no experience with the Delrin wheels so I cannot say if they stand up to doubles. I doubt Tobin would mislead you in anway-so they must. I could ship some SS ones to spain if you want. How many are you interested in ordering? I like to make them in batches, I just sold out of some. I could have more ready in a week. They fit 5/16" Bolts. I am charging $20.00 per pair. They are great quality..If they rust or strip for any reason I'll send you a new pair.

I have no experience with the Delrin wheels so I cannot say if they stand up to doubles. I doubt Tobin would mislead you in anway-so they must.

Not to hijack the thread, but since it was asked, we use Tobin's 5/16 and 3/8 delrin thumbwheels exclusively with both our doubles and STAs and have never had a failure; it's simply not an issue that needs addressing.

That said, just about anything is better than the plain stainless wingnuts and lock washers you'd otherwise use, nice looking thumbwheels and good luck with sales.

Wonderful blast from the past Tobin. Ordered a few set of these even though a couple of my dive buddies said "Pfftttt" and poo poo'd the idea.

Love them! Much easier to deal with than the wing nuts and washers by far.

I have some of Tobin's Delrin nuts, and they work very well. The delrin seems to come loose a lot less also, which is often a problem with steel-on-steel connections.

Tom

Not to hijack the thread...

Dude, this thread has already been hijacked. I think it's very unfair, and downright rude of people to hijack one person's CLASSIFIED AD thread to hawk their own wares.

Shame on them, and unfortunate that others would join in to tout that persons stuff as well.

:shakehead:

You want to sell your own stuff, start your own classified thread! Wanna talk about someone's great product, go start a thread on the "Kudos" board.

/rant

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom