Tiger Attack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JustAddWater

Reaction score
In the theme of understanding the risks we take, it still took me by surprise that Roy, of Sigfreid and Roy, was attacked by one of his tigers. It was reported that much of the audience thought it was part of the act when the tiger dragged him off stage. (Reminded me of the book about the lions of Tsavo; Ghost in the Darkness) Roy's condition is still critical, but fortunately it's improving. What do you think will become of the show, the cats, and the attacking tiger? I haven't heard.

Show's suspended indefinitly (probably over forever)

His reported last words before they bundled him off to the hospital was to NOT put the cat down.

They've got a pretty good spead there in Vegas; we'll just have to see if they have enough long term capital to continue feeding the animals.

Alex

The Mirage advised over 200 employees to look for other work. I'm sure it will depend on Roys health if the show will continue.
Sigfried, from what I understand, didn't work w/ the tigers.
I have a feeling the tiger may be put down at some point.
IMHO if the show resumes it will be more popular than ever. Old fans, returning & people who have never seen the show before. And ghouls, hoping to see something like that happen again. Reality TV, live & in person.

Nothing suprising about a big cat attacking a human-we used to compete with the big cats for the top of the food chain, and didn't start winning until the advent of firearms ~Z

They are the ultimate hunters. Beautiful, majestic, graceful, and deadly.

I hate Vegas shows but S&R was cool because of the white tigers.

You know how they breed big dogs? Well you can't do that with cats. If a cat is big enough to think he can eat you, he will

Big Cat Trainers can only control the animals if the animal believe the trainer is dominant. Once thats gone its over

With Roy I heard it was the tigers 1st show and he just got spooked. Besides the tiger didn't try to kill Roy or he would be.

Kat once bubbled...
I have a feeling the tiger may be put down at some point.

The last word I heard was that the tiger had been quarantined.

mofosaurus once bubbled...

If a cat is big enough to think he can eat you, he will

They can do more than just screw up the screen doors.........

I think it's hard to say what the intention was. In the wild, lions and tigers drag their prey to a safe location before finish the business. Trained but not domesticated......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom