TIP: Cleaning your slate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opiniongirl

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works like a dream in cleaning your slate - all you need is water...

Does the Mr.Clean Magic eraser really remove crayon from walls? I've been curious but not curious enough to color on my walls to test it.

Paula

p.s. Thanks for the slate tip.

Are you being paid by Mr. Clean? :D

It worked for removeing permanent marker from the linoleum floor.

I've been using Comet Cleanser for a few years now. Problem is that by mid summer the powder turns into a big chunk inside the paper can. It works great and "conditions" the slate, making it easier to write on by roughing up the surface. I'll try this new product this summer see if it works as well. As long as it has some abrasive properties to is, it should be a nice replacement to the "chunk-O-comet cleanser".

I use dish soap and a scouring pad, takes all of 2 seconds.

simbrooks:
I use dish soap and a scouring pad, takes all of 2 seconds.
You should always test this before scouring a large area of your slate.
Some slates will eventually become unwritable with a pencil after scouring because you polished off the deliberately rough surface.

miketsp:
You should always test this before scouring a large area of your slate.
Some slates will eventually become unwritable with a pencil after scouring because you polished off the deliberately rough surface.
Its like a gentle scour, more a single rub than hard work to get burnt on stuff off a pan/dish. I have also done it with a sponge just as well. Tell you the truth i use a wrist slate and have been finding that its a pain to keep on my forearm, particularly on a wetsuit, so might move to wetnotes in the future. :wink:

A new buddy of mine uses duct tape and a permanent marker for deco profiles on his arm slates. Previously I would take 30 minutes between dives to erase the slates and add profiles. This is a pretty handy trick if you do not want to erase slates.

--Matt

Hate to point this out off topic but:

"End of life on Scubaboard as we know it." and "The time that the ScubaBoard Countdown Timer expires" differ by 3 days :)

Back
Top Bottom