Tipping - dive club hosts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BearMoose

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I live in Seattle. I want to know what the tipping etiquette is for the folks who host dive club dives- they are volunteers who organize and assist folks who need assistance?

Reactions: OTF
I don't host club dives, but if I did I would never expect tips, nor would I tip a host.

On the other hand, if a host needed financial help with the costs of setup, food, or supplies, I would be happy to contribute. It would also be courteous to ask if they need help setting up or contributions of anything, especially food. "Can I bring anything? Do you need help?"

I do host club dives in Seattle and would also never expect a tip. As @g2 said, sometimes we ask people to bring food and/or drinks to share for socializing after the dive, but that is the most that we would ask for. I definitely tip professional dive guides, but that's not what volunteers like myself expect.

I have hosted dive trips going from Colorado to dive from the Spectre in California and I have never expected a tip and I would not accept a tip. Those riding with me do not pay gas, (I'm going anyways.)

Back
Top Bottom