Tipping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DMs and dive boat crew members don't deserve tips. They are almost universally lazy, and there is no reason for a paying passenger to subsidize their misguided carreer decisions. This is especially true if you set your own dive gear up or otherwise don't feel you need or want the alleged "services" that these slackers purport to provide. If they are so stupid as to work for free in the first place, there's really no need for you to give them another thought. You owe them nothing more than your contempt.

:popcorn:

WOW, WHO DO YOU GUYS DIVE WITH? I THINK IT'S TIME YOU CHANGE BOATS!
The DM's I've run into are knowledgeable, friendly, competent, hard working and best of all they can save your butt. Think about that the next time you go out. Without DM's you wouldn't be able to get a Charter Boat at all think about that. And they don't get paid alot and their incomes are based on tips they receive.

How about walking on a boat ask the DM is there any place he wants you then hand him some green and tell him this is for you and your hard work and it's appreciated see what thats gets you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dork2:

Yeah, listen maybe you ******* who probably never ***** a ***** in ****, it doesn't matter what you ***** believe SHOULD be ******* about tipping, but the truth of the ***** question has escaped ****** your ******, or else ******* to go without a reference to other people's "cultural values" without ****** understanding and ******* balancing that against the values of the ****** place they're visiting. Anything else is just *******************************************, ******, ***, *** and even ****** **** ******* ******** **** **** ****!:shakehead: But then again, as you said a few posts up, even ******* can ******* **** the ******* once in a while ,right? :eyebrow:

Oh yeah, and "poop." :D

Btw, I tip unless doing so would be considered an insult.

What they said! What kind of insensitive ******* wouldn't give a tip to someone who works on a dive boat???? I mean, think about it, what if they had to save your ***? Or mop up your puke?? Or smile at you? Or ... something!!! They gotta make a living too!!! All you cheap ********, come to NJ and pay what we pay for our welfare system. Then you'll see that these people really deserve what we can spare to part with regardless of whether or not they earn it or not!! Give until it hurts! So... there! I mean, isn't it obvious?!

Back
Top Bottom