To BP/Wing users ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thats the same way I've always done mine and have not had any problems with it in 6-7 yrs of diving bp/w , I didn't know there was another method used, guess I'll have to take a closer look at other peoples set up next time I'm on the boat!

Like I said, my experience is limited to those that I have ever dove with so take it for what it is worth. I tried diving with my inflator "free" and when I rolled or inverted, it would get trapped behind me (as with the 1 other individual that I have seen dive with it free). Everybody I see diving has it connected in a fashion at least very similar to that described fisheater.

Obviously YMMV

I've never had the need to raise it over my head...to deflate the wing I just do a quick headstand and pull the dump valve!

I also use the loop of bungee method. I works extremely well. Stays put but can also be raised to vent.

I tried diving free myself. Nothing holding the inflator hose in place. I always found myself reaching behind my back to grab a hold of it. Annoying to say the least!

Halcyon uses a thick O-ring just the right sized attached to the D-ring

That's what I have. Early on, I mistakenly put both inflator and inflator hose through this big O-ring. have found that just placing the inflator hose through there works to keep it in place, yet still easy to lift and extend when required.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom