to snorkel or not to snorkel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mrs.Prages

Contributor
Reaction score
Who wears it and who doesn't and why?

I don't, unless I'm snorkelling. For scuba, it gets in the way of donating my reg to an out-of-air diver, it constantly tugs my mask in current, snags on kelp and wrecks and serves no purpose. It's faster and easier to swim on my back while wearing scuba gear.

I don't wear one-- it gets in the way as mentioned earlier. I do keep one in my BC pocket however-- you don't know when you might get caught in a current a may have to do some surface swimming...

I use a longhose. Totally gets in the way for donating air. I don't wear one. Plus, I never used it to begin with and would rather not have it hanging off the side of my head. I keep it in gear bag for some odd reason. Will be taking on vacation though because I'm sure I'll be snorkelling.

I don’t use one - same old reason: gets in the way, using long hose etc. Anyway, I ALWAYS take the snorkel with me on every dive trip and do enjoy snorkelling.

Don't wear one, don't like it pulling at my mask, and in cold water I have my mask strap under my hood.

I see a trend here.....

always wear it, use it a lot and I don't leave home without it

:snorkels:

Always wear one.

Back
Top Bottom