Torn between Fifi and Provo Turtle Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We did not dive with Provo Turtle Divers, but had lunch at the Tiki Hut, and checked them out.

Caicos Cat was top notch, and very laid back. No schedule, no destination. We figured out where we were going based on what the divers wanted, and what Fifi suggested for the day.

I went with a small group in Nov 05 and dove with Caicos Adventures and we had an excellent time.

I think they will definitely meet all of your requirements; fun, very good crew, keeps your gear overnight, will let your group go on your own, will not limit bottom times… One diver (a photographer) would jump in and spend the entire dive hanging out at the edge of the wall below the boat waiting for something BIG to swim by and get a shot – every single dive. There were several photographers on board every day and they have rinse tanks and tables available for their use.

Their boat (we were on The Cat 54) is big, fast and holds a lot of divers but it is very roomy and comfortable and they keep the groups small so you don’t get that Cattle Boat feel. There is even a full sized head and a fresh water shower.

One point to note though…We actually dove sites around French Key while moored right next to the Aggressor so that may affect your decision.

I’m jealous…hey what are your travel dates? You’ll be in Coz when we get there won’t you? (05/25 -06/01)

Have a great time,
Lee

I dove with PTD in October 2005 and Dave was excellent. I was a new diver at the time, but they respected the more experienced divers, letting them get the dives in that they wanted. The dive briefing was very detailed, however the divers were given the freedom to explore where they wanted. PTD also provided snacks and had rinse tanks for cameras. We were on the small boat which had both head and showers and they stored my gear overnight for me.

Best thing to do would be to give them a shout.

I've been on day trips in the Caribbean with a number of different ops. So far my experience has been Aruba, Bonaire, Nassau, Freeport, Eluthera, Cozumel, St. Thomas, St. John, St. Maarten, Grand Cayman, Cayman Brac, Little Cayman and
Turks & Caicos.......without exception Caicos Adventures was the most comfortable boat ride with the most room and a well run op. The only better performance has come from the Divi on the Brac (they would help you on and off the boat as well as change your tanks) , but with less room and comfortable conditions and no snacks.

From what you're describing go with Fifi, they run a great operation. They are really cool and respect your skill level. I dove with them last May and they were a top operation. They will get you to the best sites and give you the most bottom time. If you have any more specific questions feel free to ask. BTW, I plan on diving with you sometime next year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom