TORN Between worlds - Video or Photography? I NEED HELP, ADVICE, INPUT, Thanks! (D90

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I chose video because my purpose in recording imagery underwater is to share it with non-divers through my DVDs and cable TV shows. However, I'm always impressed with the fine detail and crisp images that good still photographers come up with and often use them (with permission) to show fine detail in my videos.

I have the same desire, to shoot good stills and also do some video. I own a D7000, but don't want to spend that kind of money on a housing, ports etc.
I come from having a few good P&S cameras with an inon D2000 strobe. Another factor for me is my wife. She likes to shoot some but doesn't want the bulk of a DSLR underwater.
I have recently purchased an olympus e-pl2 and housing. This whole solution is about $1200 for camera and housing.
I have not tested it yet underwater. For me, it's the right compromise of size, image quality and video ability.
A nice thing about video is the one touch button. you can instantly capture video while being in a still mode.
There is also the olympus XZ1 with housing or the canon S95.

With your level of dive experience, you may be better served by a smaller system to start.
And remember the strobe is usually more important than the camera.

Ive came to the conclusion that I'm gonna be selling my D90 on ebay. Anyone wanna send me an offer on it, its in perfect condition really with no scratches nothing. I'm gonna buy the D7000 and I guess, get a housing for it and port. Idk if I can afford strobes. To dam expensive, but I suppose this sport isnt for the poor eh

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom