Training fatality - Washington

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Or, like in your profile pic, you will not be sitting on the recliner at home in your dive gear? ;-)

I agree, I'd rather stay active and do fun things. I'm not in great shape, but I've started running again so I can get in better shape and do even more active and fun things.

Exercise might have started the heart attack, but going for a walk or cleaning the house might have done the same thing. And if his heart was in really bad shape, it could have happened at any time, no matter what.

In this case, it sounds like the instructor did everything right. So sad...

Well that was my birthday last year and high seas meant we couldn't dive so I decided to go "Cyber Diving" Sorry for the hijack...

I agree DD I don't want to ruin someone Else's day Certainly won't do it on purpose> I do think we need to be considerate of the impacts our actions have on others. No one has the right to selfishly put their dive buddies or fellow divers at risk by making irresponsible decisions about diving. I certainly doesn't sound like that was the case here. Seems to me the Instructor did everything right. I hope that he has a good handle on things or the support necessary for him to cope.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom