Transfer and edit photos with tablet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beertiki

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi,

Just bought a Motorola Xyboard (supposed to be water resistant) and I want to be able to transfer pictures from my memory card to the tablet, edit, and save without reducing resolution. Is anyone doing anything similar with a tablet? What apps are you using? It would also be nice to be able to create folders and transfer pics between them. Right now I have been playing with File Manager HD and Photo Editor, but it just does not seem to work as easily as I hoped. Thanks for any help.

I wish you luck on that.

I have an Asus tablet but do all my photo editing on my laptop then save low resolution smaller size copies in a folder on my tablet just for viewing.

While a tablet comes in handy for many situations IMO it is no substitute for a computer (yet).

Off topic, but what do you think of the Xyboard? Did it come with Android ICS?

No ICS, I bought this tablet after seeing a review where a guy dumps a cup of water on it and just wipes it off. Some kind of water resistant coating. The photoshop express app does not save at full resolution, so it can not be used.

That's probably as good as you're going to get. It's a tablet not a laptop.

Photo Editor lets me work and save full resolution, but for some reason the thumbnails do not change.

This is what is working now, but its too many steps, there has to be something simpler.

1. Copy pics from card to tablet with File Manager. 2. Delete bad ones in Gallery. 3. Edit photo with Photo Editor. 4. Save. 5. Back, Back again with Photo Editor to get next photo to be edited.

I just would like to be able to do this with one app. As far as this being a tablet, not a laptop, I am sure this tablet is more powerful and faster than my first PIII laptop with windows 98 that could handle this task. I think the reality is, the tablet has just not been used like this as a tool for professional photographers yet and I am just a little ahead of what has been developed so far. It cant be too long until others are going to want the same type of software and some one will see a profit in it and develop the app. They will get my money as soon as they do.

Back
Top Bottom