Transfer video from SD card to Ipad Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nankivell

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I have been trying to transfer underwater videos from an SD card to my IPad Pro using an SD card reader. I try using Photos and Files—but it will only show photos —no videos. I really want to bE able to do this will traveling. Any suggestions?

Are you using a Mac to do this? If so, see if you have access to the iPad file system when it's plugged in. There's a folder called DCIM in the media directory. When the photos app is showing all photos and videos, that's where the app is looking. I'm the mobile technology administrator for a city and I do most everything at the file system level but I have tools for that. Whatever you do make sure you research things on technical forums before messing with the file system because you can screw up your device.

Have you tried importing them with iMovie? That's where I'd start.

Are you using a powered adapter? I had the same problem. This solved it from Amazon. About $15.

SUNTRSI USB Camera Adapter, USB Female OTG Adapter for iPhone iPad, Portable USB Adapter for iPhone with Charging Port, No Application, Plug and Play​

Good old Apple making life difficult for it's customers. On a recent liveaboard with no internet connection, I tried every trick in the book to get a photo from my MacBook on to my iPhone without syncing thousands of photos. In the end, I took a photo of the screen. Screw you Apple :p

Good old Apple making life difficult for it's customers. On a recent liveaboard with no internet connection, I tried every trick in the book to get a photo from my MacBook on to my iPhone without syncing thousands of photos. In the end, I took a photo of the screen. Screw you Apple :p
Next time try using the share function on the Mac and airdrop it to the device 😎

Back
Top Bottom