Transpac compatibility with DSS or Oxycheq?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChyLn

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Was looking to get a smaller travel wing that would be compatible with my transpac and liked the looks of the Torus 17 or Oxycheq 18. Was wondering if either/both would be compatible with the DR transpac? Would I need an STA? Ideally would like to just swap out the wing for when we travel and continue using the harness.

Thanks in advance!

technically the answer is maybe *not sure of cam band slot alignment, but you really can't use an STA with the transpac.
realistically, with as unique of a design for the wing mounting system on the transpac, you are far better off just buying the travel wing. It's a really good wing and while I do prefer my DSS wings, I still have and use a travel wing on my Transpac from time to time and it works really well. The hassle saved by having this system integrated properly is well worth any negligible design advantages of the other rigs

technically the answer is maybe *not sure of cam band slot alignment, but you really can't use an STA with the transpac.
realistically, with as unique of a design for the wing mounting system on the transpac, you are far better off just buying the travel wing. It's a really good wing and while I do prefer my DSS wings, I still have and use a travel wing on my Transpac from time to time and it works really well. The hassle saved by having this system integrated properly is well worth any negligible design advantages of the other rigs

Hi, Thanks for the reply! Right now, we have the 35lb voyager wing on the transpac that has been working fine and I'm looking for a more streamlined rig for warm water travels. From what I can tell, it doesn't seem like the 25lb wing is that large of a change in profile that it would warrant the change... is that correct? That's why I was considering the 17/18 lb wings instead. I figured if I'm going to be buying a second wing, it would be nice for it to be substantially different from what I currently have/use.

you can see a travel on the left and voyager on the right in the pic below. It's not personally enough of a change for me to warrant the purchase of a new wing. My travel wing is quite old, so I don't know if they changed any dimensions, but it is about as narrow as my LCD30 from Deep Sea Supply which is about 16" wide. The Torus 17 is just over 13" wide which to me isn't a big enough improvement to consider a smaller wing for travel. I don't ever intend on using an AL50 or AL63 so the length of my LCD30 isn't an issue. If you have the wing retainer bungee on the voyager, you can always cinch that down pretty tight to streamline it if you want to, but it doesn't really flap around that much.

DR-PK3300-S-3.jpg

Hi,

That's a great idea to try cinching down the Voyager. I agree that it doesn't seem like that large of a change. I think I'll just continue using the Voyager as my wing for warm water then as well. Thanks again!
c

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom