Freedom plate compatible with Halcyon wing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It should be reworded to "is the Halcyon wing compatible with the Freedom Plate". Kinda like Chuck Norris doesn't do push ups, he pushes the world down. (Shamelessly sucking up to Eric to skip in line on the Freedom Plate build list) :D
Lol!
She already had a plate.

The wedge was designed to move the bottom of the tank out a few degrees (or move the plate in closer to your lower back, which ever way you want to think about it). It also serves as a way to affix the wing to the plate so the wing doesn’t move all around when you’re trying to set it up with a tank. The top hole actually doesn’t matter because the tank will just rest on the wing/plate and cam band down into place.
i would suggest the DGX wing. It’s actually an Oxycheq Mach V wing just possibly a little thinner (IDK for sure yet but I’m buying one soon) which to me is good because the Oxy’s are too thick IMO…and expensive. And I don’t like the owner either.
That Hollis wing from what I can see would probably work too. It has a set of holes that will line up to 9 1/2” centers it looks like. It would be the two inside holes.

You have to excuse my tardiness to get back into this thread. I’m still a bit loopy from getting up at 4:30 and urchin diving today.
I keep going back to the DGX wing. I was hoping for some color but an H wing leaves too many variables since I want to keep using your plate. Maybe I'll buy colored webbing instead lol.

If you want to do that and skip the wedge I’ll just send you some special short little 1/4” stainless bolts that you can use to attach the wing to the plate top and bottom and they will not be in the way of the tank
That would be amazing. I think I am leaning towards the DGX wing now. Are you still making the lightweight plates?

I was hoping for some color...
The Freedom Plate was designed around the Oxycheq wings
Oxycheq makes beautifully colored wings...
1689430838513.png
1689430893218.png
1689431055786.png

Yes. I have a yellow Oxycheq wing now.
I want to replace it and the prices are a lot higher now than when I bought mine unfortunately.
What’s wrong with your Oxycheq wing that you have to replace it? How old is the wing? Those should last a long time. My Oxy wing is from the very first run of Mach 5’s that ever came out, probably 20 years old now or close to it and it’s still going just fine.

What’s wrong with your Oxycheq wing that you have to replace it? How old is the wing? Those should last a long time. My Oxy wing is from the very first run of Mach 5’s that ever came out, probably 20 years old now or close to it and it’s still going just fine.
There’s nothing wrong with the wing. It was bright yellow and is now yellow gray. It won’t wash clean. It has about 500 dives on it so I am just proactively replacing.

Are Oxy wings still built with the poly liner or do they have a coated fabric liner (example DGX and VDH)?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom