Transpac II Help Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, Smoke,
Perhaps you should send one, or both, back to Dive-Rite for a functionality assessment. The 16# pouches that I have close very well and require a goodly amount of force to open.

Couldn't hurt . . .

I guess I could do that. In fact I was going to talk to DiveRite about it but then I got the ssbp and now I don't need to use the weight pouches anymore. My TPII/weight pouches are just gathering dust.

The only reason I purchased the #16 pouches is because in need the weight when diving my 6.5 farmer john/jacket. Lot of buoyancy there . . .

I have a dream that, one of these days, I will dive dry and all the seas will be mine . . .

The Kracken:
Hey, Smoke,
Perhaps you should send one, or both, back to Dive-Rite for a functionality assessment. The 16# pouches that I have close very well and require a goodly amount of force to open.

Couldn't hurt . . .

My recollection also...I recall that it took a fair amount of force to remove my weights, and I was confident they wouldn't fall out...

I dive a TPII and have have opted for a weight belt instead easier more secure,quick to ditch no shifting... I havent tried a system that works better than an old weight belt..plus they'll love you on the dive boat

My first BC was a Trans-pac II with rec wings. I had the weight pouches too. I soon found out that I liked a weightbelt much better. If you order a TP II there are a lot of options. Make sure you check them out and order it the way you want it. look Here

Since then my TP II has become my pool BC. All of my open water diving is with a Backplate and wings.

Diving a 6.5 semi-dry, a BP with a single tank adapter could take a considerable amount of weight off your belt.

Best of luck with your decisions!!

Thanks for the info everyone. After much reading and trying things on I ended up buying a Scubapro Knighthawk. I think it will be just right for the type of recreational diving I do. And my LDS gave me a great deal on one. I liked the quality of construction and the fit is really good.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom