Transpac II VS Zeagle Ranger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan once bubbled...
I love to point out that in all the ultra-streamlined looking Halcyon rig pics, the diver is never wearing any weight.
pretty cool huh... nothing like it! Course up here in the PNW I have to wear some weight with my drysuit so I will stick 5 two pound pouchs into Heath's belt (5 pockets.) Unless I have the p-weight in the channel of the backplate... then I will only have 2 two pounders.

streeeeeeeeamlined!

Anyone can recommend. Everyone can listen.
But in the end YOU wil but it & You will have to wear it.

Aquamaniac's right......keep an open mind & buy what fits & feels right on You.

David.

If you're going to dive. Dive RITE

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

pretty cool huh... nothing like it! Course up here in the PNW I have to wear some weight with my drysuit so I will stick 5 two pound pouchs into Heath's belt (5 pockets.) Unless I have the p-weight in the channel of the backplate... then I will only have 2 two pounders.

streeeeeeeeamlined!
Yep your right Uncle Pug, I got to put the Halcyon through the paces again tonight and it's awesome! It blows my Ranger away hands down. My horizontal trim was way better and I could glide effortlessly through the water doing the frog kick. Streamlined is right, Gotta get me one. :wink:

Well after trying both on again I decided on the Ranger. It just felt more secure on me Now I hope I can say the same thing after I hit the water :)

SoCalScubaDiver once bubbled...
Well after trying both on again I decided on the Ranger. It just felt more secure on me Now I hope I can say the same thing after I hit the water :)
Good luck with the Ranger. Just don't try out a Halcyon or you'll turn into a Halcyon obsessed, psycho, DIR, etc. maniac that Rick likes so much.:wink:

Hey,

Im using tha Zeagle Ranger for more then three years and its doing a great job.

Im diving TriMix and Recriational dives with it and it supplys all my needs.
Good Choice

Mark

the shop did have a Halcyon BP and I think the simple design turned me away from it. I am a newbie :) I have not finished my OW class. Beach dive is Sunday and finals are Tuesday and the last Boat dive is the weekend after. And just like the secure feeling of the traditional BCs.

There is no doubt that after I get more comfortable I will tryout the BP.

I got to try out the ranger in the pool last night and can say its a 100X better than the schools stuff :).

I also got to use my new apeks atx50 :) between the 2 I felt so much more comfortable and in control

Thanks again for all the info

SoCalScubaDiver once bubbled...
the shop did have a Halcyon BP and I think the simple design turned me away from it. I am a newbie :) I have not finished my OW class. Beach dive is Sunday and finals are Tuesday and the last Boat dive is the weekend after. And just like the secure feeling of the traditional BCs.

There is no doubt that after I get more comfortable I will tryout the BP.

I got to try out the ranger in the pool last night and can say its a 100X better than the schools stuff :).

I also got to use my new apeks atx50 :) between the 2 I felt so much more comfortable and in control

Thanks again for all the info
Yep, I agree the Ranger is huge improvement over the poodle jackets they have you use in OW training. I felt much more comfortable when I started to dive my Ranger after OW too. I've since experienced the same type of feeling trying the BP/Wing though in comparison to the Ranger. I'm not saying the Ranger sucks (I still have one) or trying to push a BP/Wing on you, it's just that for me I prefer the BP/Wing as the first time I ever tried one it felt so much better in the water. Good luck!:)

Back
Top Bottom