TransPac vs Halcyon Pioneer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jwal001

Reaction score
Hi, i need a new BC and my work is willing to buy me somthing. I have been reading a few post about the TransPac. I like the looks of the transPac and the ability to add or subtract components. My work uses Halcyon gear and i have dived with the gear once and seen them in action...and i wasn't overly impressed, espceially with the weight intergrated pockets...:shakehead

I would like to hear from owners/users of both Transpac and Halcyon, especially those who have used both.
thanks
J

Kiaora.
I dive with a Transpac 2 with a blackart 30lb wing for my single and I really like it. Its comfy, easily ajustable and modular. I havnt used it with doubles but I hear its not that stable. For doubles I use a blackart ali plate and a 44lb diverite superwings 2. I use a weight belt with the TP and no weight with the double set. Im not a fan of weight intergration as I fit and remove my BC in the water all the time.

If your work is willing to pay and they use Halcyon thats what I would recommend. You dont need to use halcyon weight intergation if you dont like it. Dive rite or OMS would probably fit or just use a belt.

Where in Aotearoa are you? You can try out my TP if you are in Auckland.

jwal001:
Hi, i need a new BC and my work is willing to buy me somthing. I have been reading a few post about the TransPac. I like the looks of the transPac and the ability to add or subtract components. My work uses Halcyon gear and i have dived with the gear once and seen them in action...and i wasn't overly impressed, espceially with the weight intergrated pockets...:shakehead

I would like to hear from owners/users of both Transpac and Halcyon, especially those who have used both.
thanks
J

Jwal, Halcyon designs their products to be minimalistic and simple. Most who dive with Halcyon (Well pretty everyone that I know that use Halcyon) don't dive with the Intergrated pockets. Most don't even dive with a weight belt at all. I use the Aluminum BP (-1lbs) along with 2 lbs, and I like to use the Halcyon Trim weights on the upper cam bands to carry this weight. I also have the Stainless Steel BP which is -5lbs. I have seen some use the waist belt to attach weights and somtimes individual weight pockets. I have over 80 dives on my Halcyon gear and love it for it's simplicity, stream lined characterisics and it's custom fit to me.

I haven't used the Diverite Transpac but I hear alot of good things about it. A buddy of mine uses it and the only complaint I've heard from him was the attaching hardware supplied for the single tank adaptor, but that is easily remedied. It's got quick releases and a flexible design. All the bells and whistle of a deluxe BCD.

Back
Top Bottom