transpac weight int question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leadweight,

Thanks, I didn't realize, or think about the resorts - I'll keep in mind when travelling...the boats (the good ones) here in SoCal are usually pretty good about helping with donning equipment, but, as you say, there's rarely much moving or lifting by the crew.

Yup, I'm not exactly a little guy - 250+# and 5'8" (yeah, I need to shed a few #'s). I use the Diverite 4# trim weights that attach to the lower two d-rings on the TPII backpack with 2" SS quicklinks. So far, working OK for me, but, I'd like to attach so there's a little less slack; they shift a little too much right now.

The D-R trim weights, I did not think of those. Some possible solutions for attaching them to the 1" d-rings: How about zip ties, (cheap in bulk)? Smaller quicklinks (do they make them smaller than 2"?) Spit & bailing wire/duct tape, just kidding. Smaller stainless split rings?

Just ideas. Take a walk through a marine hardware store, its fun.

One of these days I am going to get a 7 mil and go out to Calif and see what it is like.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom