TransPlate Harness on Apeks plate? (PSD related)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bdshort

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We had our first training session today (classroom and some dry practice sessions) for the PSD dive team the local FD/PD is trying to get started. We have all new gear, and for some reason decided to get hog harnesses for our BP/W setups (from Apeks). Now personally, I dive a BP/W with a hog harness and like it very much, but it quickly became apparent that several divers in the class don't share that opinion, and in any case, having a hog harness on team owned gear that people will be sharing is going to be a pain in the ***. Plus, we discovered that trying to slip one on over a bulky vulcanized rubber Viking Pro 1000 drysuit isn't as easy as it is for me to slip into my harness with a Trilam TLS.

Soooo... what are some solutions we can do to fix this? My personally feeling is that we could purchase some transplate harnesses, which are easily and quickly adjustable to multiple people. Are these harnesses designed specifically for the DiveRite plates, or will they work with other brands (Apeks?) The instructors suggested weaving in a quick release buckle into the shoulder straps, and then you could at least make them a bit easier to slip on and off. We only have 4 sets of gear, so the outlay for some Transplate harnesses would be less than $500.

Back
Top Bottom