Transportation to and from Playa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AZdiver1279

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello everyone,

Please excuse if I'm posting this tread in the wrong place, I wasn't sure whether to post in Coz or not, i may post there too.

I will be staying a week in Playa at the Mayan Palace just north of Playa. I'm coming down to complete part of my internship for my Divemaster Certification and have some questions about transportation.

I will need to get from the Mayan Palace to 10th St & 1st Ave each day. I planned on renting a car but then I've had people here in PHX recommend against it for a variety of reasons. Some have told me to use the taxis but this seems like it could get expensive over a weeks period since I believe (please correct if I'm wrong) the MP is about 20 minutes north of Playa. Some have contended that it would be unsafe and unwise to park a rented vehicle in downtown Playa all day unattended. Would you agree?

Others have told me to ride the bus, this might be the most economical but I'm curious as to know how I would make sure I'm on the right bus everyday since my spanish is limited. Also, how would I know the schedules?

I've have been to Playa before but only passing through to the ferry and on to Cozumel so I do know that there's a bus station down by the water (Big nice orange buses). We rode the bus from Cancun airport to Playa.

Thanks so much for any replies. Oh, my travel dates are Sept. 6 - 13.

Transportation from Mayan Palace down to Playa is pretty frequent. You can use the ADO buses (which I am quite sure stop there on a regular basis) or the Playa Express which are small public transportation vans. The bus station in Playa is just a couple of blocks away from the ferry, and about 6 blocks away from where you need to be. Taxis will be expensive. Renting a car will give you flexibility and you should have no problem with parking in Playa. It can get hard to find a spot though.

Transportation from Mayan Palace down to Playa is pretty frequent. You can use the ADO buses (which I am quite sure stop there on a regular basis) or the Playa Express which are small public transportation vans. The bus station in Playa is just a couple of blocks away from the ferry, and about 6 blocks away from where you need to be. Taxis will be expensive. Renting a car will give you flexibility and you should have no problem with parking in Playa. It can get hard to find a spot though.
cxdivers -

Muchas gracias!

OK, the ADO buses are the orange ones right?

Let me know when you come in. If there is anything I can help you with the shop is located on 35th Ave. between 4th and 6th street. The number is (984) 803 0794.
Muchas Gracias!

We always rent a car there. The roads are great and everything is easy access. We stay at Mayan Palace too. There are buses, but we just find the car too easy! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom