Transporting gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ozorowsky

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all,

What do you do when transporting gear so as to not soak the inside of your car?

I see plenty of mesh gear bags which are great and all, but I'm wondering if there is a good cheap tub to buy that I can plop my wet gear in so I don't soak the inside of my car or what some of the more experienced divers do.

Thanks in advance

Any tupperware style storage container will work just fine. Or a tarp and towels thrown underneath your wet gear to soak up the majority of the water.

I've seen some plastic storage bins with lids that would easily hold BC, wetsuit, and any other wet gear while still fitting in the back seat or trunk of a car for under $10 at places like Walmart, etc.

Also, I once just spread out some large plastic garbage bags in the rear of an SUV and it worked ok. I still think the plastic storage bins are a better idea though.

If it's the local quarry, I take a 18gallon rubbermaid bin to throw wet stuff in sometimes.

Like this. ------>
images

I've also got a "Husky Liner" in the back of both my SUV's. Keeps the carpet from getting wet from dive gear and for anything else that can leak into the carpet, like bags of potting soil from Home Depot, leaky ice coolers, etc.

these are money well spent.

1686_1559.jpeg

That Husky liner has to be well worth the money.

Agree. My Tahoe came with one.

I can't tell you how many times it "save" the interior.

I've now replaced all the floor mats with "husky liner" floor mats. They have the same diamond plate plastic texture and a raised lip on each one to cat "run off" of anything on your feet from running off and going into the carpet.

They are also bigger than the factory floor mats taking up the entire footwell giving better coverage. Great for dive sites where you get back in the car with dirt or sand on your feet.

You order them specific to your vehicle so they form fit the floorboard pan.

Here is a pic of them. You can order them in colors that match your carpet, but this one shows off better how well they fit.

husky-floor-liner-black.jpg

I use a Rubbermaid Action Packer Box, good for rinsing the gear again in the back garden once I get home

Rubbermaid box for the gear, and when I bought my Edge, I specifically ordered the rubber rear floor mat to protect the carpet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom