Travel gear storage ideas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I need some ideas and advice on how/where to store my dive gear when back at the hotel. My wife is not a diver (yet) and is not wild about the distinct smell scuba gear has when removed from the Atlantic ocean. I cleaned everything well in the tub ( she wasn't wild about that either) and hung it to dry , also in the tub.
Was afraid to hang it out on the balcony due to sun and possible theft. Putting it in the back of the SUV for the rest of the week dont make sense either .

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

well, i hate to break this to you but if she has such an aversion to the smell and washing the gear in the tub, she may never be a diver lol...or...you will do the washing for both, preferably somewhere offsite :p

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I think I will combine them to create a solution. I decided to get 2 of the same plastic tubs to fit one in the other. The outside one will be whole. The inside one will be drilled full of holes. I can use the outside one to wash everything in. And the inside one to put things in to dry on the balcony out of the sun.

Back
Top Bottom