Travel Insurance for Papua New Guinea trip...need advice...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They didn't warn me about this being an issue - in fact they encouraged me to get in on this week as opposed to a different one because some dive club in Texas had 4 spots booked with one more single booked so I would make the 6th person, needing to fill only two more spots. Well, this Texas dive club just cancelled every spot and now we're back to only two people including me. I was the one who brought up my concerns, they never warned me because they said it's too early to get worried.

hmmmm.......**biting finger nails**........who wants to come??? It's gonna be a great trip! Honest!......**biting finger nails some more***

BTW, when is the trip? No, we can't go but I think others might be interested in joining you if you give more info. (I would still buy the Trip Insurance)

Wow, ewaiea, I'm very surprised to hear this.

Which sailing are we talking about? I tried to get on the Star Dancer to take advantage of their "50% off another trip in 2009" deal (incredible deal BTW) but all of the trips during my timeframe were booked so I ended up going to Raja Ampat. THe last time I checked all of the trips except the last one of 2009, only 8 days, were completely booked. I was trying to get on one that was going to the Witu Islands.

As far as I'm concerned you just have to say three letters to know it's going to be fantastic: P N G.

I know their cancellation policy is 90 days for all the money, so I'm wondering whether the dive club just lost a ton of cash. I'd have to be dead and you'd still have to nail my foot to the floor before I'd give up on a trip like that.

Wow, ewaiea, I'm very surprised to hear this.

Which sailing are we talking about? .

I think he's going late April to early May (from one of his posts I saw in another thread).

Don't get too worked up! There's loads of time for people to book. I suspect in Jan/Feb once people get through the Christmas spending spree and the cold weather hits many :laughsnow:, the bookings will pick up!

The current captain on the Star Dancer is great! Do his photo course while you are on the trip.

Another positive is that you've already been in contact with the big boss so you've got a contact if the worst case scenario plays out.

BTW, when is the trip? No, we can't go but I think others might be interested in joining you if you give more info. (I would still buy the Trip Insurance)

The trip is 4/23-5/3, 2010....if you know some people then that would be great! This is a 10 night trip that goes to Kimbe Bay, the Witu Islands, and Father's Reef (trip starts and ends in Walindi). I will definitely still be purchasing trip insurance, most likely through Travel Guard - they have the most competitive price AND the highest coverage amount with 24/7 service as well.

I don't believe the trip will be cancelled, I have faith that things will work out and I'll get to go on the Star Dancer, I'll just sit tight for now. If the month of March comes and we're still looking like we're in hot water, then I'll start getting nervous. The CEO said he will be getting in touch with me every week or two to tell me what is going on to get people to book that week - so we'll see what happens.

The trip is 4/23-5/3, 2010....if you know some people then that would be great! This is a 10 night trip that goes to Kimbe Bay, the Witu Islands, and Father's Reef (trip starts and ends in Walindi). I will definitely still be purchasing trip insurance, most likely through Travel Guard - they have the most competitive price AND the highest coverage amount with 24/7 service as well.

I don't believe the trip will be cancelled, I have faith that things will work out and I'll get to go on the Star Dancer, I'll just sit tight for now. If the month of March comes and we're still looking like we're in hot water, then I'll start getting nervous. The CEO said he will be getting in touch with me every week or two to tell me what is going on to get people to book that week - so we'll see what happens.

ewaiea,

I'm not trying to hijack your post, just an FYI. You are always welcome to join us in September. We have booked and are ready to go, we have 4 spots left to fill.

We are heading to Papua New Guinea for two weeks in September 2010 also on the Star Dancer. Traveling with us as a group may be a lot safer on the cancellation end of things. In case you couln't tell, I'm trying to get you to go with us...

lol..Gary :D

star_png.jpg

Papua New Guinea 2010

$4905 (excluding airfare) *Price Change 10-09

Only 4 Spots left!

The actual trip is August 31 to Sept 14 (Departure and return will vary based on where you are flying in from...)

(Airfare TBD)

tn_png1.jpg
tn_PNG.jpg

Come join us in diving perhaps the most pristine reef systems on the planet. The Indo-Pacific is known for its spectacular diving and biodiversity ,PNG is simply the best of the best.

tn_png4.jpg
tn_png2.jpg

$500 Deposit Required to Sign Up. Pease print and sign a copy of our Travel Policy and return it with your deposit. (Payment Schedule for the rest of the trip on the way...) Book Early! Space is VERY Limited!

* Details of the land portion of our trip are coming soon, we've had a slight change and will no longer be using the Bird of Paradise.

Above, Find the Star Dancer Brochure and and excellent article by X-Ray Magazine. (These files require Acrobat Reader. Download it free here.)

Keep checking back for details. I'll be adding quite a bit of information as details of this trip are worked out.​

Observe my new post....spoke with Peter Hughes Diving owner and CEO and I was told that the week I'm going is going to be a bring a buddy week (25% discount for singles - couples get 50% off for second diver). In addition to that they are knocking off an additional $900 for the charter rate in 2010, for a combined savings for $1600! See my post for details!
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cr...update-great-news-huuuuge-savings-2010-a.html

We're taking advantage of the Peter Hughes' lower pricing on Star Dancer.

This $4905 trip just became $3999!

Thats 2 nights in Rondon Ridge in Mt Hagen and 10 nights aboard the Star Dancer!!!!!!!

Please visit our trip page for more details.

Book NOW, only 3-4 spots left. If you have a larger group let us know and we'll book more spots if they are available!

Airfare is to be determined.

Gary​

Back
Top Bottom