Travelers beware

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is $7,500 a normal fine for shoplifting?
No, normally there would be no fine but a prison sentence (no idea how long, but Thailand tends to be quite harsh with sentencing).

They made their choice and paid in stead of going through the system and being sent to prison. It just amazes me how these people have the nerve to seek publicity afterwards, and how media can just print their story without checking any facts.

Why does everybody believe they were not shoplifting, only because that is what they said?

No, normally there would be no fine but a prison sentence (no idea how long, but Thailand tends to be quite harsh with sentencing).

They made their choice and paid in stead of going through the system and being sent to prison. It just amazes me how these people have the nerve to seek publicity afterwards, and how media can just print their story without checking any facts.

Why does everybody believe they were not shoplifting, only because that is what they
said?

Because no wallet was found on them.

Just check out the letter and CCTV footage of King Power (as already mentioned in post # 9).

You said the wallet was found.
The cctv footage does not show that the wallet was found.

Even if this couple were guilty, the way they seem to have been treated looks like just one more nail in the coffin of the already beleagured Thai tourist industry.

First you don't read the post in which I already mentioend the link, and now you don't read?

Quite agree steven, this happens on this forum many times, either basic illiteracy, or more likely selective blindness.
Too many people seem to have difficulty with free and open discussions.
Was you not aware? certain people on here must be agreed with.

Back
Top Bottom