Traveling and TMx BO Gas when traveling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I find it’s really dependent on where you’re going and if they have active tech diving/filled bottles.

For example, I flew to Florida for my Mod 2 and the shop had a few stages already filled with trimix. I just was charged a rental and for any gas used. If the shop has no use for a full cylinder of trimix then there is a good chance they have to dump it anyway.

Ultimately I’m in rjack’s camp. If I’m flying somewhere for only a few days, the chances of me doing full trimix rebreather dives where I can’t borrow filled bottles are pretty rare.

If they don’t credit you for the full trimix bailout, then you do a bailout practice on the last dive, at least for the bottom phase. Useful to "check" how long the bailout lasts.

It is a stupid short-sighted policy to not credit the returned gas, the shop pulling a fast one by gouging the divers.

If they don’t credit you for the full trimix bailout, then you do a bailout practice on the last dive, at least for the bottom phase. Useful to "check" how long the bailout lasts.

It is a stupid short-sighted policy to not credit the returned gas, the shop pulling a fast one by gouging the divers.
I left full bailouts on an extended trip. Credit for unused bailout? Naw. Meant my CCR did it’s job. I paid for a full tub of sorb and left about a third. (Bad weather cancelled dives) Pay to play. I’m not hauling to remote locations on a LOB. Not diving OC for the sake of using up my BO. I had 20 years of oc, im good.

Back
Top Bottom