Treasure Island Dive Op - GrandCayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Ok, I guess it is safe to assume that TI Diver's in Grand Cayman was forced to shut down after Hurricane Ivan. My wife and I are planning a February trip and were shocked to find out that they were hit that badly by the storm. We were both Certified by TI six years ago and had been back twice since then. We loved every moment we spent with the Crew, above and below the surface, - nevermind the beach parties*wow*. If any of the former crew reads this post - thanks for a lifetime of memories.

Does anyone have the details of what happened, and possibly info on were some of the crew may have ended up on the Island.

Lino & Christy.

FortWorthDiver:
Ok, I guess it is safe to assume that TI Diver's in Grand Cayman was forced to shut down after Hurricane Ivan. My wife and I are planning a February trip and were shocked to find out that they were hit that badly by the storm. We were both Certified by TI six years ago and had been back twice since then. We loved every moment we spent with the Crew, above and below the surface, - nevermind the beach parties*wow*. If any of the former crew reads this post - thanks for a lifetime of memories.

Does anyone have the details of what happened, and possibly info on were some of the crew may have ended up on the Island.

Lino & Christy.
During the post-Ivan cleanup, I saw pictures of Milsap - on top of a smashed Gatlin - about 1/4 mile inland on a road. Also TI had bought the Seaview in 2004, which was damaged to the point of having to be torn-down. So I'm guessing too much to recover from.

Someone mentioned here recently that the Seaview property has been re-sold to become condos. And as I recall, the resort was being refurbished into some kind of school? Their website is also non-existent. Although TICondo's is still there.

I believe there was a goodbye message from them last spring on their website, but it's blank now and the domain name is now for sale. I do not know what happened to the owners/crew.

Lino & Christy.
Hey Guys!! OMG! I use to work at TI divers. I heard it shut down. I didn't realize the the devastation of the hurricane had on the shop. To hear what happened to Gatlin and Millsap that's a total bummer. I use to captain though boats. I'm thinking of taking my kids to the Caymans were they will finish their certification. Too bad I can't certify them there. Have you heard...is the diving still good? When was the last time you guys were there? Take care. Thanks for the shout out.
Jay Sinclair 😃

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom