Tried to fix my website

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark, I just viewed the Ogden Point links with no problems on firefox. The mainpage loaded funny for a moment but then resolved itself into the maps and links. Might just be my computer though (which seems to be loading slow these days).

Man that site looks good!

This is what I see in Chrome, full screen, Windows 7 - on a 22" widescreen monitor. 1024x768. If I go to 1280x1024 it all fits except about 2/3rds of the diver picture to the right is still cutoff.

I had the same minor issue as DaleC - first saw just a bunch of markers with a sort of grid over them then it resolved into the map with the image to the right slightly cut off. Before I zoomed out.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    315.3 KB · Views: 47
Thanks everyone. I'm not too concerned about the general layout or the width of the page. I'm trying to keep the site looking "unprofessional". I don't want people to think I'm selling something. I get enough e-mails from people who think I'm a local dive shop/liveaboard charter/dive resort/instructor/etc. I was mostly concerned about the links not working and the ingredients on the page being piled on top of each other. Thanks again!

It looked fine on Chrome to me. BTW....excellent site with great photos....nicely done!!! I especially appreciate the "unprofessional" look.

"a non-subversive browser"? Since when is being standards compliant being subversive? Otherwise, loads fine in Chrome on Windows.

That was supposed to be tongue-in-cheek. -You know from a few years ago when people went with Firefox to "stick it to the Man". I guess I'm a little out of date. Now Firefox has grown up into a "Man". I have learned from all this that, as you mentioned, Explorer goes by it's own standard. It does seem to be more forgiving with code-illiterate website authors like me though.

Back
Top Bottom