Trim Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The bubbles you're seeing are probably from the air trapped in the fabric of the BCD coming out at the beginning of the dive.
If it’s this, it should be a tiny amount after the beginning

The bubbles you're seeing are probably from the air trapped in the fabric of the BCD coming out at the beginning of the dive.
I don't think it is this because I can get rid of them then swim around for a while and then get it to duplicate. We did a 30ish min dive then spent another 5 or so trying to figure out what is going on.

I don't think it is this because I can get rid of them then swim around for a while and then get it to duplicate. We did a 30ish min dive then spent another 5 or so trying to figure out what is going on.
What model is your BC?

It is unlikely that your exhale that happens in your mouth can trap bubbles in your BC.

Also except for the bladder in your BC, which is a closed space except for the inflator and dumps, your BC should not be able to trap air.

Are you not dumping involuntarily: maybe you have a pull cord on your BC that activates when you do this?

Seaquest balance. Maybe. I have three ways to dump. My right shoulder, my inflator, and my butt dump. Maybe one of them is getting pulled accidentally? We'll be out again in a couple weeks so I can do some more research. Maybe I can get some video of me diving to see what is going on.

If you really care about perfecting trim and buoyancy, I think you'll have an easier time learning with equipment that better supports it, i.e., a backplate and wing. It's not that you can't trim the other stuff out. It's just going to be more of a learning curve in many cases.

If you really care about perfecting trim and buoyancy, I think you'll have an easier time learning with equipment that better supports it, i.e., a backplate and wing. It's not that you can't trim the other stuff out. It's just going to be more of a learning curve in many cases.
Yeah, I agree. I'm currently designing a backplate. I know that sounds a little crazy since i've never used one, but I found some good help on here. Plus I have a friend that runs the laser at a shop in town. They usually have scrap stainless laying around and he can get it cut and bent for free for me. So I figured why not. Plus, I find it very enjoyable to DIY stuff. Even when it cost more and is harder than buying one :D.

I actually picked up a wing that I think is too large for a great price and I'm trying to trade it right now for a better size for me. We'll see what comes of that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom