Trip Report-Cozumel, October 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think at this point I'll just let it go. Now I know to pack things a bit different. Always bring an extra set of clothes in the carry on and enough supplies to get you thru a day or so.
I was absolutely thrilled when I got the phone call the next morning that our luggage was in the lobby and that they were bringing it up to the room.

I always try to pack a change of clothes and more around my reg, masks, strobe, etc in my 40# roll-on, other essentials in my backpack. I haven't had a bag delayed in 10 yrs and even then it was my fault,* but it happens often enough to be worrisome. Glad you got yours only a day later.

You used to be able to count on an easy $100/day/each reimbursement from airlines, but the terms are not so clear now. Whatever commitments one can arrange with the airline agents (note name and ID# in notes) should be sought, and request toiletries bag - has many basics like toothbrushes, etc. The airlines do have a legal obligation and you can claim much more, with receipts and prudent reasoning, but it's a game. I would like to hear from someone who claimed and what they got but maybe a thread on General Travel...?

* Back when skycaps filled out luggage tags by hand, I often did my own as the LBB porters knew me, and I goofed - short checking my bag to San Juan where I changed airlines. My little boat sailed out of St.Marteen the next day and it took 5 days for my bags to catch up to me, but the airline still wrote me a $500 check at the airport when I checked in with claim form and receipts. I don't think they're that easy anymore. :eyebrow:

Eh, I always do trip insurance when I leave the US anyway so I'd have the double coverage and would have a shopping spree...!! :cool2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom