Trip Report: Komodo aboard Worldwide Dive and Sail's S/Y Indo Siren

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm wondering whether those weights were in pounds or kilos. Usually kilos over there.

Curious about your comment about it being a macro location. What larger critters were you missing? (Other than sharks which are missing everywhere, of course)

Please don't poke the octopus out of its hole. If it's out, you get to see it, if not, hide off to the side away from the hole and he will slowly come out. Then VERY slowly follow along, keeping a distance and you'll be rewarded by getting to see his entire body and free swimming. I got to see and video multiple sets of larger octopi changing color and texture this way.

The weights were in pounds. However, everything else on the cruise was measured using the metric system.

Whale sharks, dolphins, leather back turtles would have been nice. :) However, what Komodo lacked in large sized marine life, it made up with pristine hard and soft corals.

I called it a macro type location because many of the things we were on the look out for were on the smaller side - pygmie seahorses, lady bugs, pipe fish. On each dive briefing, the cruise director would designate the site as macro or wide angle for the photographers. About 2/3 of the 32 sites were "macro" sites.

I agree that one should not poke the octopus out of the hole. The person in the video was someone else from the cruise.

I always rinse my trilaminate drysuit inside and out. They get stinky with sweat and are easy to turn inside out and dry at the end of the diving day. Would not wear in the tropics. I think 3mm plus Lavacore top and bottom is enough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom