Trip Report Palau 1-20-06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very good of you to speak so highly about Palau. I depart next Thursday for the Philippines & Palau for 24 days of diving and fun. I head to the Philippines for a few days on either end of my main focal trip to Palau for 18 days of diving. We are diving with Sam's Tours in Palau and will be staying 'budget' at the DW Motel. I have heard that since you went, the rains are subsiding and are less frequent. Thanks for the trip update.

PS. I'm always interested to hear about Maui Dreams personnel being down there at the same time. They are my absolute favorite rental shop in Kihei Maui. Barrett and Terri make my stays so much more fun. They are a great small operation to rent tanks from inexpensively. I will see them next September.

TnHill read your report on the Palau trip. Got a question for you, my wife and I are thinking about Palau and Yap sometime in May of this year. Most of our diving as been in the Caribbean mostly Cozumel. I've heard the currents are wickedly fast in Palau and I've been trying to get information on how the currents in Palau compare to those in Cozumel. Whats the word. :14:

Peleliu has some wicked current but the other sites are not bad. I've not been to Coz but I live most of the year in PV where currents can be quite brisk around the outer islands. I would say that you won't have much of a problem at all with your level of experience.

Cozlover2 - I would say that the current had a range about like Cozumel. From zero to fast. The only difference was that there was a bit more "surge" on a couple of the dives. The surge required a little more distance from the wall so that you did not impact it. I had no problem with it, and neither did anyone else on the boat. My guess is that if you are comfortable with diving in Cozumel, you will love Palau.

dnhill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom