Trip Report: Parrot Tree Plantation (and Fantasy Island diving)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like an infomercial for the "south side"dive resorts.

I write about what I know about. Since the early 1980's I have been diving all over Roatan, West, North, East and a whole lot on the South side.

I like the South side for the previously stated reasons. Many people look for other things in their vacations, I am only there for one thing- a diving vacation. I will give details on non-dive activities, but I always mention that I'm going for the diving... bars and such are tertiary at best. You can find a lot of that kind of information on Trip Advisor or Cruise Ship boards.

Cat99 gave us three great trip report posts.

For more advanced divers, yes, I feel that they will prefer the South side due to it's unique geography in the Caribbean. By "advanced", I mean those with perfected buoyancy and observational skills, those who are no longer excited by another big Lobster, a 3' Barracuda, etc. They are familiar with the Paul Humann books and are working their way through them.

If you were looking for a commercial, why not take a look and comment on post #6? It was a totally unsupported non-sequitur sales pitch.

In that this is, again, a SCUBA Board, I'll confine topics to SCUBA.

Back
Top Bottom