Trip Report: Raja Ampat on the Paradise Dancer (Part II)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great report thanks....I love the diving in the North (have not been to the South yet)...been to Sorido 3 times in the last two years and headed again this November.

The north versus south Raja Ampat debate is something that I thought a lot about while on my trip. Which one is better?

In my opinion, one area is not obviously better than the other; rather, I think that it depends a bit upon the type of diver that you are and what you are interested in. As I mentioned in my report, I think that the vis and corals are nicer in the south, but the diversity of marine life is better in the north.

Given that both areas are sooo good, I would personally choose a live-aboard (at least 10 days and preferably 12) to experience more of the region. If you really pressed me to choose a land-based operation, I suppose that I would go north and stay at Sorido Bay.

Either way, you will have a great time.

Jason

Back
Top Bottom