Trouble moving files from gopro to computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was just going to say that if the card was not formatted in the gopro you can have all kinds of issues.

I had the opposite problem with my Canon S120 camera and a fast Trancend SD card. I had to format the card on my Windows computer or it would not see that there was a card in the card reader. I think it's better for the camera to format in the camera, but if your computer does not recognize the card try formatting it in the computer.

I had the opposite problem with my Canon S120 camera and a fast Trancend SD card. I had to format the card on my Windows computer or it would not see that there was a card in the card reader. I think it's better for the camera to format in the camera, but if your computer does not recognize the card try formatting it in the computer.

Before I forget, older card readers will not read newer SD cards, that includes SD readers built into your machine (from experience)

Read the manual to see what format to use if you format in the computer, i.e. FAT 16 or 32 or NTSC or something else. Try the SD or micro SD in the camera and take a test shot or 2 before going live. If it doesn't format well in the camera, try again, if it doesn't format in the camera, maybe investigate a firmware update for the camera.

Looking good. Whats the thing with the moving letterbox?
You tube said there might be some shake and suggested it. I didn't know what it was and mistakenly selected it

You tube said there might be some shake and suggested it. I didn't know what it was and mistakenly selected it
The youtube anti shake program is very poor for U/W video....even the much more precise stabilizing software in Adobe Premiere is usually a big mistake for most U/W videos.

If you want stability, you can use and underwater tripod....., or, mount the camera on something long with as much mass as possible....Mounting on a heavy underwater scooter is like an underwater steady cam......I do this with a Gavin Scooter....the downside is the scooter weighs close to 80 pounds, so even though it is awesome stabilization in water, carrying it to the boat is a pain, and getting back on the boat means a crew member has to be strong enough to lift it out of the water....And, it means you ALWAYS need to be tipping the crew heavy :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom