Truk Lagoon (Bucket List)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is about a twelve hour stay at Blue Lagoon.

The reason for the stay overs is to mitigate the effects of jet lag. You are crossing the date line and it is a long flight. Best to chop it up if possible.

Another thing there are several ways to get to Truk from the US. You can go LA, Narita, Guam, Truk or LA, Manila, Guam Truk or LA, Hawaii Guam Truk or the puddle jumper with stops on five islands before Guam. The trip back we did straight through because the lay over was like 90 minutes in Guam and Hawaii.

Ya I know what you mean by the effects of jet lag. Been to Thailand and Vietnam a couple of times and sure does screw you up for awhile. Being from the Vancouver, BC area I would leave from Vancouver. I would probably arrive a day before and leave a day after if the flights allowed.

We are in Seattle so we took Alaska to Honolulu, got there on Wednesday left Friday, spent the day in Guam and left the next night at 9pm for Truk. The ride from the airport to the boat is an hour long kidney buster. It is like they never repaired the bomb damage from the war. Pray it is not raining.

Odyssey temps - we started the week using dive skins and ended the week diving in swim suits. You won't need 3 mm or 5 mm.

I dove dry...

:d

If you're going to do any penetration, always good to have exposure protection that covers you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom