Truk liveaboards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jdl:
Thanks for all the responses. Anyone who stills wants to add their feedback, please do....

My dive buddy and I dove Truk from the Thorfinn in May '04. We will get back to Truk and we will stay on the Thorfinn.

The cabins were comfortable, although some of the smaller cabins would be tight with two people. I found the crew and Captain Lance to be friendly and very competent. They have a good customer service attitude. I like the use of skiffs to manage the dive destinations and the diver load on each wreck. This ensures the dive site selection isn't driven by the least experienced or least risk tolerant diver.

The first time we went, the we paid for the 5 dives / day and Nitrox package. We definitely got our money's worth, but next time, we'll probably do the 3 dives a day package. Some of the shallow dives we did in the afternoon or night were kind of lame and weren't worth the nitrogen we picked up.

The furnishings on the boat are a little down at the heels. To me, this is a sign of frequent use. I didn't really mind, since I went to see the wrecks, not the lounge on the Thorfinn. The food is good, although there is no menu, except at breakfast. You get what the cook makes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom