Truk or Palau

If you could only choose one, Truk or Palau, which would you choose?

• Truk

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Palau

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

astrl

Contributor
Reaction score
My local dive shop is offering a trip to both next year, but I think I can only afford one. I'm having a difficult time deciding between the two because they are both on my "to-do" list. Of course I will do both if I miraculously become rich between now and then. :D

Which would you choose and why?

Palau.

I haven't been to Truk but I know lots of people that have...

Palau just has so much action...it's like the Grand Finale on the fourth of July fireworks show. Each dive just hops with life...spawning, feeding, pelagics. Very exciting! Great people, great food if you know where to go. (Take lunch on the boat!) Take a camera and hold on to your reg. Tie those board shorts securely. I've been five times and never am tired of that place. Not too hung up on rules either once the boat gets out of the sight of "management". I give it an A plus.

I chose Palau for a couple of reasons. Friends did Truk last year and although they loved it - they have all told me to do Palau as it is the best diving on the planet in their opinions because of dive types/sites/fish species diversity. We have booked for Palau in Dec for that reason.:D

robint:D :D

Like the others another "not been to Truk" but go to Palau. Or I will confuse things more; if you are willing to go to Palau you might want to consider PNG. Everything Palau has but more pristine. If you do a live-aboard you may go 7-10 days without ever seeing another dive boat. We have trip reports, slide shows and galleries for both at the website.

I'm a history buff; I'd love to dive the shipwrecks of Truk.

I've been to Truk once but Palau a lot. If you like wrecks more than sharks go to Truk.

Back
Top Bottom